Friday, March 07, 2008

Who is your daddy?

Today’s Reading: John 8:19 (NIV)

19 Then they asked Him, “Where is your Father?” Jesus replied, “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”

Good day!

I’ve often wondered about who my biological parents are. You see, I was adopted as an infant, and I’ve never met them. I would love to thank my mother and father for giving me life. I cannot imagine the range of emotions that come with making a conscious decision to give up a newborn baby. I’ve been told that my biological mother was young and unmarried, and that my daddy played with a band. I’ve often thought about trying to trace my biological background. If I had the opportunity to thank my mother personally, I would tell her how grateful I am that she chose not to abort me. She chose to give me life! What a sacrifice of love she made in carrying me to term, then offering me to a family who was not able to have biological children of their own. One sweet day, I believe I will be thanking her in heaven, face to face.

Do I look like my biological parents? Do I emulate their character and disposition? Is my love for music a direct link to my dad? Even though I’ve never met my biological parents, I believe they are part of who I am, and I carry pieces of each of them inside my heart. I’ve passed their traits along to my children and grandchildren. I may not physically be able to point them out in a crowd, but they are precious to me. My biological parents are a significant part of who I am.

When the Pharisees asked, “Who is your daddy?” Jesus replied, “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” When we fall in love with Jesus Christ, we begin to love and honor the Father who sent Him. You cannot help but love the Father when you really know the Son. We experience amazing relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Three in One!

If you’re looking for the Father today, you will see Him in His Son. Take a closer look at Jesus Christ today. Do you know His Daddy?

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: