Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Perfect Score!

Today’s Reading: John 8:14(NIV)

14 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going.”

Good day!

Do you enjoy taking tests? Prior to a written or oral examination, I spend hours reading, taking notes, making flash cards, and memorizing definitions. Before the test is administered, I pray, asking for His divine intervention. I know if my test-taking abilities depended upon my skill sets alone, I would surely fail. I cannot say that I enjoy taking tests. I do, however, appreciate a passing grade when I receive it. There is something about that letter grade that reminds me that I worked hard to achieve a particular goal. A perfect score may not be completely out of our reach, when we focus on the goal. It can become your benchmark for daily living, as you prepare for every test you take in life.

I heard a pastor once say, “Your test will become your testimony.” This struck a chord within my soul. Whether we are in school, taking written examinations, or whether we are passing tests in our daily life experiences, we begin to testify to the tests we have taken. In many instances, our testimony is evidence of our failures. My supervisor reminds me that we learn best when we make a mistake and seek to correct it. I find this to be absolutely true in my own life. I may not remember the value of each lesson learned if it didn’t come with a bump or two in the road. It is because of those tests that I continue to grow and learn a little more each day.

Jesus’ testimony is absolute Truth. He and the Father and the Spirit were together before the beginning of time. They will be here through all eternity. Jesus knew where He had been, what He was doing, and where He was headed. Our Lord has the power and authority to testify on His own behalf. Not everyone chose to believe His testimony; yet, there was no doubt He was surpassing every test that had been placed along the Way.

Fully human yet fully divine, all wrapped up in a body of flesh, with a perfect, loving heart, Jesus’ test became His living testimony. He appeared with the perfect score, revealing Himself and the Father who sent Him to a sinful, fallen world. Jesus Christ came to set the record straight, once and for all. Will knowing the Lord change your life’s testimony?

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: