Tuesday, November 17, 2009

“Top Three”

Today's reading - Acts 12:12-14 (NIV): 12When this had dawned on him, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, also called Mark, where many people had gathered and were praying. 13Peter knocked at the outer entrance, and a servant girl named Rhoda came to answer the door. 14When she recognized Peter's voice, she was so overjoyed she ran back without opening it and exclaimed, "Peter is at the door!"

This is really an exciting moment for the servant girl. Most likely she had been doing her chores and had not been praying with the others. But she knew who Peter was by his voice and was excited to announce his appearance! How wonderful for her.

I would certainly be a changed person if I recognized Jesus’ voice each time He sends a message to me through someone. There are ways that I can improve my hearing.


  • First - Awareness is vital. I must be aware of Christ’s presence in my surroundings, aware that the people I come in contact with are divine appointments to do something with.
  • Second – Praying for that awareness is essential. I can’t recognize the voice, if I don’t ask Him to help me.
  • Third – Acknowledge the message and ask the Lord if it is His will.

The list can go on and on, but these are the top three for me. I want to recognize the voice of God because He is calling me! Take a moment and decide your top three.

Dorothy Drago Brucks
Aldersgate UMC
Nixa, Mo.
www.aldersgatechurch.com

No comments: