Monday, November 16, 2009

“He does and you can”

Today’s reading - Acts 12:10-11 (NIV): 10They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.

11Then Peter came to himself and said, "Now I know without a doubt that the Lord sent his angel and rescued me from Herod's clutches and from everything the Jewish people were anticipating."

The Lord God Almighty rescues! There is no doubt in my mind that God rescues. Yes, as many others, I have had a conversion experience, it was in 1986, I remember the exact moment, location and experience. This recognition is my acceptance of God’s ultimate rescue of me. He took me out of a miry pit and rescued me!

That is not the only time the Almighty has rescued me. I am rescued daily and I hope that you believe you are also. Today I was rescued from being involved in an automobile accident. Like Peter, I was not myself for a few moments, driving down the road with my head and mind somewhere else, then my mind stirred to alertness and rescue was activated.

Peter knew without a doubt he says, that the Lord sent his angel. I love that! Not too many guys I know would come out and say that. It is true though, angels surround us at all times, we seldom see the bright light that Peter did, but nevertheless God chooses to rescue us.

Make a list each day of the times that you were rescued from a situation, action, inappropriate internal thoughts etc. pray, give thanks, recognize God has more in store for you. Stay in love with God and live a holy life. He will rescue you so that you can!

Dorothy Drago Brucks
Aldersgate UMC
Nixa, Mo
www.aldersgatechurch.com

No comments: