Thursday, December 28, 2006

Morning Moments

Psalm 59:16 (NIV)
But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love;
For you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

Matthew 18:2-3 (NIV)
2 He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3 And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”

Good morning!

Early in the morning, after I good night’s sleep, our grandchildren will tiptoe quietly down the hall and look for me in the study. They know I am there, reading, praying and writing. As they peek around the corner, a sheepish grin crawls across their sleepy faces. I hear them whisper, “Good morning Nanny.” Six year old Jett will flash a smile that melts the cobwebs from my heart. He wraps his arms around my neck and whispers, “I love you so, so much.” Our four year old Joshua will jump up on my lap and ask, “Is it morning time yet, Nanny?” And he will bury himself on my lap and sit there for the longest time. Two year old Emily, will lift her arms up signaling that she wants to be picked up and held. Sometimes, she falls asleep again in my arms. Emmy will bat her baby blue eyes, nod her head and say in a pronounced tone, “Nanny, I had a good rest!” She always asks if I will make her breakfast. Jett loves bacon, eggs and pancakes with lots of syrup. Joshua likes cold cereal and juice. Emily doesn’t care what I fix as long as I hold her while I do it. It won’t be long before our sweet baby Madison will be visiting Granny Deb and Pa for a Friday night pajama party. I look forward to those wonderful first of the morning moments with her. I can think of no better time of day than when the first ray of sunlight streaks across the morning sky and my grandchildren greet me with a sweet hug and kiss.

I awake very early each morning. Like my grandbabies, I tiptoe down the hall and greet my Lord and Savior with a sheepish grin and sleepy eyes. I feel like a little child again, crawling up into the arms of my Lord. He holds me, loves me, and talks to me through the wonder of His holy Word. I can think of no better way to start my day than to praise and worship Him. He is my strength, my fortress, my refuge and my song. The precious morning moments are the best of my entire day, and I cannot imagine living life without Him.

Jesus said that we must change and become like little children if we want to enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Every morning, I come into His holy presence in my pajamas, praising the Lord Jesus in the dark. I am His little child. Christ’s love for me rises up with the first ray of sunlight, streaming across His cotton candy creation. If I had my choice, I would sit on His lap all day long; yet He sends me out into His world with a song in my heart and a purpose to fulfill. I look for His face in the people I meet and greet. I hear His voice quietly reminding me He is with me. I share the Good News of His love with everyone I see. Jesus has made His home in my heart, and I, with childlike faith, love to live in His holy presence all day long.

Take time to enjoy a morning moment with the Lord today. Become a little child again. Experience God’s love in a fresh, new way. Let Him hold your heart and fill you with His everlasting love. He will hear you when you whisper, “I love you so, so much.”

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding
www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: childlike faith. Come into the presence of the Lord this morning and experience His amazing love. Jesus is waiting for you. Will you seek Him in the morning?

____________________________
© Copyright 2006, Deb Spaulding
All rights reserved
Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.