Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Exposing our heart

Psalm 19:14 (NIV)
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.


Good morning!

I have a true confession to make. There are times when I have opened my mouth and said something that I regretted the instant it rolled off my tongue. Have you ever done this before? Sometimes I find myself holding my tongue when I should speak up. Something happens; someone says something and I really want to respond. Yet, instead of voicing what I believe to be true in my heart, I choose to remain silent. Why do I do that?

Our thoughts and words define who we are. We take a risk every time we speak up and we take a risk when we choose to remain silent. We risk being rejected, and rejection can be a painful experience. There is a desire within every human heart to understand and to be understood. Is it easier for you to be elusive or honest? Do others know who you really are, or would you prefer to keep them at arm’s length?

Communication is a necessary element to building relationships that last. God created us for relationship. He gifts us with the ability of self-expression, through art, music, intellect and language. When we choose to take a risk by sharing our hearts, we open the door to the potential for amazing and everlasting relationships. When we choose to open our heart and mind to God through prayer, He hears us and answers our cries for help. Through prayer, our love for Him grows deeper day by day. We learn to trust Him completely as we express our innermost thoughts, dreams and desires. We risk exposing our imperfections, trusting Him to help us heal and change. Do you ever wonder if God might reject you, if He really knew your heart?

What would you say if you knew God was listening to every word you spoke? What would you think about if you realized that God discerns all of your thoughts from afar? There are times when my thoughts and words are not what I want them to be. This morning, I am asking Him to take my words and my thoughts, and make them pleasing to Him. He has the power to change my life, and when I trust Him with all that I am, He makes me into the person I truly want to be - His precious child.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding
www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: relationship that lasts. Ask God to take your thoughts, your words, and your imperfections and make them pleasing in His sight. There is no greater relationship than the one He offers you through faith in Jesus Christ. Won’t you risk your heart on Him today?


____________________________
© Copyright 2006, Deb Spaulding
All rights reserved
Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.