Monday, February 12, 2007

Priceless Treasure

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: Leviticus 14, 15; Psalm 36

Psalm 36:5-9 (NIV)
5 You love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. 6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. 7 How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings. 8 They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights. 9 For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Matthew 6:19-21 (NIV)
19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Good morning!

There are some things that are priceless treasure to me. I love joining hands with my brothers and sisters in church when we pray the Lord’s Prayer together. This is truly a moment in worship that reminds me of what heaven will be like – when the children of the Lord gather to praise His holy name forever and ever. I love watching my grandchildren, especially when they say their prayers. Little eyes closed, hands folded in front of their faces; their words filling the air in genuine, heartfelt tones. The sincerity with which they pray tells me why I need to learn to pray like a little child again. Their hope and trust is simple and sincere. Watching my husband deliver a sermon is a priceless treasure. He surrenders himself to the power of the Holy Spirit as he speaks the words that the Lord would have him say. His face lights up with a holy glow and his eyes sparkle with His light as he teaches the truths contained in Scripture. There is such joy in loving Jesus with all your heart, mind and strength. He is my priceless treasure – I place my life in His hands.

The unfailing love of Jesus Christ is my priceless treasure. Last week, I found myself lying in a hospital bed, so weak I could barely lift my arms. It was hard holding my eyes open. Yet, I was surrounded by the comfort of His amazing grace and love. I could feel His strength take over, supporting my spirit even when my body seemed to be failing me. His presence was all I longed for or needed. I cannot imagine living apart from His love. There is no fear, resting in the shadow of His wing. It was the strangest thing – there were moments when I felt frightened, and then, His peace would just blow across my face. It was like a breath of fresh grace, and my fear would simply melt away. I was a little angry with myself for being scared. I’m going to chalk it up to literally being a pint low, and I know it’s a natural human emotion to feel afraid when things seem so out of control. But that is when the Lord does the greatest work in me – when I totally lose control and can do nothing except to depend upon Him completely. Have you ever been in a place where all you could do was cry out to Jesus?

The priceless treasure of sitting in His holy presence, thanking Him for every breath I take, and praising Him for my salvation is a fountain of life to my soul. I long to be in His light – and I know forever with Him is going to be absolutely amazing. Do you know the priceless treasure of Jesus Christ?

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding
www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: the love of Jesus to be your priceless treasure. No matter where you are or what you may be facing today, Jesus Christ is waiting for you to invite Him into your life. His love is all you will ever need. Come and experience the joy of your salvation. Worship and praise the Lord of all. Give your heart to Jesus.
____________________________
© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding
All rights reserved
Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.