Saturday, August 23, 2008

All holds barred!

Today’s Reading: John 14:30 (NIV)

30 [Jesus said,] “I will not speak with you much longer, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold on me.

Good morning!

Does the grace of God ever catch you by surprise? I delight in the promises of God. We can count on His Word, not just for today, but for each and every tomorrow. Christ is present in me twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and just when I need Him the most, He is! How indescribable is the love of Jesus!

Earlier this week, I was standing at the copy machine at work, frantically trying to scan a document that needed to be filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office. We were pushing to meet a filing deadline, and I needed to get document on file. I had an important dinner meeting scheduled – it was starting in thirty minutes and I was getting a little nervous about making it on time. The copier refused to cooperate. Even mechanical equipment can short-circuit from time to time. This was not a good time for a computer malfunction. When I pressed the scan button, the document would automatically be queued to fax instead. I turned the machine off and on. I tried repeatedly to get the document to scan, to no avail. By this time, my attorney was standing over my shoulder with tiny beads of sweat beginning to form on her brow. We both knew the importance of meeting the filing deadline and this machine simply was not going to work.

In sheer desperation, I closed my eyes, and placed my hands on the copier and I began to pray out loud, calling on the name of Jesus for a copy machine miracle. I imagine the Lord was laughing out loud at the sight of my praying over a copier. I knew that if He could save a soul like mine, heal my heart and make me forever free, He has the power to fix this broken machine! You should have seen the look on my attorney’s face when the document scanned perfectly after a little prayer and the laying on of hands. We met the filing deadline and I arrived for my dinner meeting two minutes early. God is good ALL THE TIME!

Jesus said the prince of the world is coming. We experience Satan’s subtle, sneaky deceit everyday. He tries to steal our joy, cause confusion, and make us doubt in the Word of our Lord. Just a little prayer can change a frantic situation into a magnificent miracle! Jesus has the power to change the direction of our day, if we will simply stop and call upon Him for heavenly help. Jesus said that the prince of the world has no hold on Him. And when Christ moves in, you have His power within you to fight back! All holds are barred, in Jesus’ name.

Call on Jesus! He is just a prayer away.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: