Saturday, February 09, 2008

Overwhelming joy

Today’s Reading: John 6:40 (NIV)

[Jesus said,] “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise Him up at the last day.”

Memory Verse: 1 How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. (Psalm 84:1-2 NIV)

Good day!

Have you ever asked the question, “What is God’s will for my life?” I find myself asking God that very question in prayer. Longing to be found in the Father’s will is the believer’s utmost desire. When Jesus spoke about the Father’s true bread of heaven, the disciples longed to taste it, because Christ said this bread gives life to the world.

I got to play with eight-month old Andrew this morning. He is crawling everywhere, making little baby tracks from the family room into the kitchen. Andrew looks like a little centipede, sliding his legs along the floor. He has no trouble keeping up with his older siblings, Joshua and Emily. They get on the floor and crawl right along with him. When we seek a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, He crawls along beside us, even when we slip and slide a bit. Our pursuit may seem a bit awkward at first, but the Lord stays right with us, every inch of the way.

Andrew was napping when I arrived today. After a little bit, I heard him cooing and playing in the Pack-N-Play® next to the front window. I went to where Andrew was laying and peeked over the top of his crib. As soon as that child saw me, his face absolutely lit up. The biggest grin appeared on his sweet face. He began to giggle and coo, raising his arms for Granny Deb to pick him up. Andrew gave me wet, slobbery kisses, and that alone, made my entire trip worthwhile. When we believe that Jesus Christ is God’s Only Son and Lord of all, we cannot hide our childlike love and affection. His overwhelming joy lights up our lives and gives us great hope for tomorrow. We simply cannot hide our affection and love.

What is God’s will for my life? The Father urges me to seek out a personal relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ, and believe. As I humble my heart and accept the Lord without reservations or conditions, He promises I will receive everlasting life with Him; that I will be raised up on the day of His return. This is the Father’s will for you and for me. I invite you to come and experience overwhelming joy in worship this weekend. Jesus is waiting for you to respond. Will you choose to seek Him out and believe?

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: