Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Unlikely messenger

Today’s Reading: John 6:16-17 (NIV)

16 When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, 17 where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now, it was dark and Jesus had not yet joined them.

Memory Verse: “Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.” (Romans 15:7 ESV)

Good day!

Jesus was hanging out at the mountain, in the holy presence of His Father. His disciples had waited all evening for Him to return. Not really understanding His character at all, they left the hillside where Jesus had fed thousands earlier that day, and got into a boat to cross the lake. Why did they choose to leave without the Lord? Did they get tired of waiting for Christ to return or were they just too tired to wait any longer? If they could just get back to home base, they could take a power nap, knowing Jesus would meet them there.

Oh Lord, I am such an unlikely messenger. You promised You would be with me always, even to the end of the age; I have Your Word on it. I too, have my moments when I behave just like Andrew, Peter, and the others. I become impatient and grow road weary, longing to simply get across that lake and go home.

Teach me to wait patiently for Your return. Help me gain a greater understanding of Your perfect nature – who You are and who I am in You. Remind me continually there are people out there who desperately need to experience Your healing power right now. Send me, Lord. I will be your unlikely messenger. I am willing to offer Your Word to the ones hovering in dark and lonely spaces today.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

Are you are missing someone you love? You are not alone! There is a Savior! He knows and understands your grief. He will not leave you or forsake you. Ask Jesus Christ to help you now.

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: