Saturday, October 20, 2007

Word

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: John 1, 2, 3; Psalm 139)

John 1:1-5 (NIV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Psalm 139:7-12 (NIV)

7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

Good morning!

WORD. God’s Word. The Word made flesh. All things made in and through His Word. Life is in His Word. Life is light for all. Light shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot hide the light of life. He is the Word of life. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.

Here. Now. Yesterday, today and forever. God with us. Emmanuel. Son of the living God. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Three in one. With us always. No matter who you are or where you’ve been, God sees you. God knows you. God loves you. God puts on flesh and spills His blood in love for us. God redeems – purchasing souls to give new life. Abundant life. Everlasting life. Forever and ever. We are living in the light of His Word. Holy. Holy. Holy.

I cannot run fast enough, far enough, or long enough, to flee from God’s presence. He is here. He has always been here, even when I chose to turn away. God formed me in my mother’s womb, long before I was even a twinkle in her eye. His hand was on me from the very beginning, and He has never lost sight of my soul. I am comforted in knowing God is with me. It breaks my heart to admit there were times when I turned from Him and ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. I am glad life’s track is a circle. No matter how hard or fast I ran, the road always led me straight back to Him.

Something shifts inside the soul of every human heart when they realize for the very first time that God REALLY loves them. No one can love you like the Lord. A master creator and superior artist, God molds and shapes you into a creation that mirrors His love. You bear the image of your maker. He gives you a heart of compassion, a thirst for knowledge, and a body of flesh and blood to live out all your days. He allows you the freedom to choose whether to seek His holy face or turn away. God sees your heart. He knows you better than you know yourself. He waits with anticipation and open arms, hoping you will one day choose to give your life back to Him.

We are all a unique and marvelous created work of God. Can you see Him in the eyes of a child? Do you see the Lord at work through the hearts and hands of neighbors helping neighbors? Can you hear His still, small voice, in the words of a friend? Can you feel the sunlight that shines through the darkness and dispels the long-suffering night of the soul?

Joy. His joy. Joy unending. Word without end. His Word is for you. His Word is for me. He gives meaning to all your yesterdays, today, and for every tomorrow. What does His Word mean to you?

Come and experience the Word in a brand new way. Let us worship the Lord our God together.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: His Word to become the only Word you will ever need. God created you with a special plan and purpose. Won’t you seek out His will for your life today? Come and worship the Word with me. I’ll be waiting to greet you at Faith Church.

___________________________

© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.