Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Key Recovery Mode

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: Luke 15, 16; Psalm 136

Psalm 136:1 (NIV)

1 Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever!

Luke 15:8-10 (NIV)

8 [Jesus said,] “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Good morning!

I have this horrible habit of losing my car keys. Do you ever lose your keys? I don’t know why or how this continues to happen in my life, but it does. It “drives” me nuts; actually, I can’t drive anywhere without them! Is it mere coincidence that I lose my keys most often when I’m running late and trying to get out of the house? I think the devil must reach down into my purse, pick up the keys and move them just a smidge to see whether I lose my happy attitude and say something I know I’ll be regretting later. I cannot tell you the number of times I’ve had to wake members of family up to help look for the lost keys. There is always a celebration when the lost keys are found. Everyone gets a kiss and a hug and then life returns to normal, whatever that is.

I spend a lot of time each day looking for the keys to abundant life. Whenever I pick up His Word to read, I rediscover a key that maybe I’ve misplaced somewhere along the way. We need to remember just how precious every child is to our heavenly Father. He doesn’t want us running around lost and alone. God went to great lengths to find us. He sent Jesus to help us rediscover the keys to faith-filled living. Isn’t it good to know that when we are lost, God knows exactly where we are, and finds us when we reach out and ask Him for a heavenly assist. The gift of grace is a marvelous thing.

I lost my keys again last Sunday. It was a really busy day and I wasn’t too surprised when I couldn’t find them in my purse. I grabbed the spare set and trotted off to work. Later that day, I confessed to my husband that I had managed to misplace my keys. It didn’t take Jeff long to locate them. This just has to be a term of endearment; my husband’s enduring love for me. Sometimes, when we get lost, our families can help us find the missing key, if we will just ask them for help. It’s a good thing Jeff loves me unconditionally. Without his key recovery service, I don’t think I’d be going anywhere fast.

Who helps you recover the lost keys in your life? I am very thankful for my pastors, mentors and Christian friends who never give up on me, especially when I’ve misplaced a kingdom key. We help find the answers we seek through listening, questioning, praying, and encouraging one another. If someone you love helps you find that lost key, be sure to say thank you.

This morning, I’m in key recovery mode. I know what I must do. The angels are jumping up and down and shouting Hallelujah today! I made time this morning to recover the kingdom keys, through adoration, confession, repentance and supplication, Praise God! Jesus loves me, and He will not let me go, especially when I’ve lost the key.

We’ve been purchased by the blood of the Lamb. Do not forget where your salvation comes from. Take a few minutes this morning, and rediscover the keys to the kingdom of God. Make time to pray to the Lord today.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: key recovery! When you lose your key, ask the Lord of life to help you find it again! The angels of God rejoice in heaven when one sinner repents. Isn’t it about time for you to ask Jesus for help?

___________________________

© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.