Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm free! I'm free!

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: Numbers 21; Psalms 45, 46

Psalm 46:4-7 (NIV)
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; He lifts His voice; the earth melts.
7 The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Good morning!

My doorbell rang yesterday morning around 10:00am. When I opened the door, I saw the sweet face of my three-year-old granddaughter Emily, all decked out in party attire, grinning from ear to ear. “Nanny, I’m three! I’m three!” she shouted, jumping up and down while giggling. Indeed, it was Emily’s third birthday, and she was ready to start the party! Do you remember what it was like to be three years old? The world is your playground at three. Everything seems bigger and brighter. Emily’s excitement rubbed off on all of us. She was delirious with joy. Emily was three, she had arrived, and it was time to celebrate!

Of course, Emily wanted a pink cake with a candle to make a wish, her favorite princesses to play with - Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel and Belle, party balloons to pop, and a few presents to open. It was a very rainy and chilly day outside, but Emily’s smile warmed the entire room. She was the picture of springtime in her pale blue sundress and matching scarf wrapped around her long, banana-curls. She wore a dress that swished and was happy to twirl around the room for all of us. I listened to Emily as she chatted with her aunts, uncles and grandparents. All day long, in almost every conversation, I watched the light shine brightly from her big, baby-blue eyes, as she continued to exclaim, “This is my special day!”

Every morning when I awake, my heart leaps with joy. This is the Lord’s special day, and it is my desire to serve and praise Him with everything I am. My heart sings, “I’m free! I’m free!” I put on His robe of righteousness and dance around the throne. His light will never be extinguished and His love is everlasting to everlasting. I remember my spiritual birthday, the day I asked Jesus to come into my heart, to save and free me from the chains of sin and separation, and to fill me up with the power of His Holy Spirit! Every morning is a birthday surprise when I open His Word and read the love letter he gave for you and for me. Listen to these words from the mouth of the Lord: There is a river where streams of life flow down from the city of God, that holy and beautiful place inhabited by the glory of God. He lives within her, and she will not fall. When He lifts up His voice, the earth melts into the palm of His holy hand.

That river of life flows into my heart every morning. This is our special day! We are free to serve Him! We are free to sing and dance and praise the One who came. We are free from the sins of our past, present and future. We are free to live with the Three in One – Father, Son and Holy Spirit! Happy Birthday! Happy new life! It is time to rock the house, my dear sisters and brothers in Christ! Will you join me for the greatest celebration we’ll ever know? Won’t you come to the house of the Lord and celebrate the love of Jesus Christ? I’ll see you at church! I’ll be the one with the party hat and noise makers!

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding
www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: His joy to overwhelm you, overtake you, and live within you, each and every day! The party is on my friends, and you have been invited to praise and worship the One who sets you free indeed! Today is a very special day. Come celebrate Jesus Christ!
____________________________
© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding
All rights reserved
Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.