Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sanctuary

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: Genesis 20, 21; Psalm 15

Psalm 15 (NIV)
1 Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?
2 He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart
3 and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman,
4 who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts,
5 who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.

Good morning!

It is a truly remarkable gift to be granted an audience with the Lord God Almighty. It is even more amazing that He makes Himself available to me whenever I call upon His holy name in prayer. I love spending time in His presence. It is important for me to remember and express who the Lord is. He is Jehovah-Jireh, my faithful provider, and His banner over me is love. The Lord is my righteousness and He sanctifies me day by day. He heals my body and spirit through the power of His blood. The Lord watches over me, walks with me, and lives in me. I am His precious child, and He is my risen King.

Psalm 15 is one of my favorite Psalms to pray. Who can dwell in your sanctuary, O Lord? Jesus Christ paid my cover charge on the cross of Calvary. He has given me admission into the holy sanctuary of God. Jesus Christ is my righteousness alone. He perfects my heart and sanctifies me through and through. His grace goes before me as I stand in the presence of the Holy One, allowing me to dwell in the presence of God. Without Christ’s perfect covering, there would be no relationship, and without this relationship, there is no life. Jesus said that no one can come to the Father ex