Friday, July 24, 2009

Speechless!

Today’s Reading: Acts 4:14 (NIV)

14 But since they could see the man who had been healed standing there with them, there was nothing they could say.

Good morning!

Nine years ago today, when I held my first grandchild, Jett James, in my arms, there were simply no words to describe what I felt inside. He was pink skinned and flushed from his very first bath, tipping the scales at eight pounds two ounces and twenty-one inches long. That boy had the longest fingers and toes I have ever seen on such a wee one. When the Father dazzles us with His amazing, miraculous love, we become speechless in His presence!

One year ago today, my friend Meredith exhaled her last breath on earth and the very first breath of new life with the Lord. How do we gracefully let go of the precious ones God has placed in our path for a season? There were no words to describe the utter grief I felt in losing a friend so dear, and yet, I knew where she was, and one day, I will join her there, praising the Lord together inside the heavenly gates. There are simply no words to convey what that amazing moment will be like, the day when my faith becomes sight.

I was absolutely ecstatic this week, after having my second eye examination following lasik surgery. I am now seeing 20/15 in both eyes, for the first time without the assistance of corrective lenses. It has only been a few short months since I had this procedure; what a miraculous gift it is to be able to see clearly! When I awake every morning, the first thing I see is the alarm clock perched atop our night stand. I can read the numbers clearly now, without having to squint or grab a pair of eye glasses to double check the time.

The Sanhedrin was having a tough time understanding what actually had happened in the courtyard that day. Peter and John were standing there, next to the man who had been instantaneously healed. They spoke about the risen Christ, who continues to heal people even today! There was absolutely nothing they could say to dispute it. Isn’t it funny how the Truth tends to reveal itself as we realize just how far Jesus had to reach just to grab our hearts, heal and redeem. There are no human words to express our gratitude and love for Him!

Do not miss out on your miracle today! Allow the Lord Jesus Christ to leave you speechless, as you kneel in the presence of His awesome wonder and power. It is only in the experiences of birth, rebirth, and the gift of a brand new life that we begin to perceive His saving power. What more can I say?

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2009, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles.

No comments: