Monday, May 25, 2009

The wonders of heaven as seen on earth

Today’s Reading: Acts 2:18-20 (NIV)

18 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. 19 I will show wonders in the heaven above and signed on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke.

Good morning!

Long before Peter quoted the words spoken by the Prophet Joel, God knew there would be a day when His Holy Spirit would be poured out on men and women everywhere. He knew that young and old alike would rise up in joint praise and proclamation of the salvation message in Jesus Christ. This is the day that the Lord has made – let us rejoice and be glad in it!

This morning, I had an online conversation with a psychologist, who spends his days helping prisoners with behavioral change modifications at a maximum security facility half way around the world. He tells me they are in desperate need of Bibles. Every morning when I wake up, I have God’s Word waiting for me on the desktop by my computer. It is there for me to study and read, as I spend time waiting upon the Lord in prayer. It grieves my heart that there are still many people in our world today who do not yet have copies of Scripture written in a language they can understand, readily accessible to them.

How can we find new ways to reach out and share God’s Word with all people everywhere? I fully rely upon the power and presence of the Holy Spirit, working within me, to propel His Word outside the walls. There are so many people out there starving for the love of Jesus. They need His Word because His Word is everlasting – God’s Word brings new life!

There is no greater wonder in heaven as seen on earth, than when a heart is forever changed by the love of Jesus Christ through God’s holy Word. Please join me today in taking His Word outside the walls and into our world. Pray for the ones who do not yet have His Word in hand, that the Holy Spirit will supernaturally make a way so that all people everywhere can know and experience the love of Jesus Christ today.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2009, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: