Thursday, June 19, 2008

Perfect love

Today’s Reading: John 12:48-50(NIV)

48 [Jesus said,] “There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. 49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. 50 I know that His command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Good morning!

I’ve been thinking a lot of life and death this week. I lost my cousin Jeff yesterday. He had been ill and had suffered for many years. His physical body is at rest now. I grieve for his family, who bore the responsibility of caring for him throughout his illness and death. My aunt, who is 86 years old, cared for Jeff in her home. There is a unique and special bond between a mother and child. Mothers seem to have the uncanny ability to see all the potential and possibility, believing in a better day for their child’s life. My aunt never gave up hoping her son would one day be completely healed. Now, he is.

Jesus brought a message of hope straight from the Father’s heart to the world. He did not come to judge the world, but to save it. He bore the Father’s message of perfect love to humanity. It is His message of eternal life, and Jesus continues to offer everlasting hope to all who will hear and believe. Isn’t it amazing how much the Father loves us? He didn’t give up on us when we were suffering in our sin. God didn’t turn His back on the lost and lonely. The Father sent His very best to restore His people to health and wholeness. He longs for all of us to be restored in His love, and He is the only One who has the power to do it.

The love of the Father, revealed through Jesus the Son, is emulated through the helping hands of caring hearts. They choose to believe in the potential and possibility for every hurting human soul. You can see the love of Christ actively working through the ones who daily care for the needs of others. It is that experience of being intimately loved by God that teaches us how to reach out and love each other. May you find complete healing and wholeness in the perfect love of Jesus Christ today.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: