Thursday, May 22, 2008

Life questions

Today’s Reading: John 12:16(NIV)

16 At first His disciples did not understand all this. Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about Him and that they had done these things to Him.

Good morning!

I’m taking a Bible prophecy class this month at Faith Church. I find it truly miraculous to see how God’s Word fits perfectly together throughout all the generations. It is kind of like piecing a quilt together, weaving the various textures, colors and hues into one large blanket. Every stitch links us together with our past, present and future. I cannot help but be impressed with the Alpha and Omega; He is the first and the last, the beginning and end. How do prophets know about the things that will happen hundreds to thousands of years after them? Only the Father has the power to reveal His plan and purpose for our lives in such a magnificent way. I wonder if we realize the full impact our words will have on the lives of others today?

Hindsight is sometimes clearer to me than foresight. Looking back, I can see more about what my parents tried to teach me when I was a child. It has taken years for me to begin to understand the bigger picture. I imagine I will continue to absorb even more, as I grow in years of wisdom and grace. Do I always understand what I say or think? Is there an even deeper meaning to the thoughts we convey each day? Will it mean something to someone else a thousand years from now? If we believe we are a vital part of the Father’s master quilt, will His holy Word be fulfilled in our own lives, at this specific time and place?

The disciples were really confused. They did not understand the life events happening around them. It took Christ’s death and resurrection for the disciples to truly see that the things written long ago had come to pass before their very eyes. He continues to reveal Himself to you and me. We may not always understand what is happening, but we can trust, without a doubt, that His plan is worth pursuing with passion. Faithfulness comes as we experience the faith maker up close and personal. He holds the answer to our soul’s deepest longing. The Father gives us His Word to cling to. It may only be after we’ve experienced total transformation into new and eternal life, that we will truly understand what we see happening around us today.

Got questions? Jesus Christ is the answer you’ve been searching for.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: