Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Perfect timing!

Today’s Reading: John 11:3-6 (NIV)

3 So the sisters sent word to Jesus, “Lord, the one you love is sick.” 4 When He heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it. 5 Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 Yet when He heard that Lazarus was sick, He stayed where He was two more days.

Good morning!

Do you ever run late? My days are filled with meetings at work and church, to-do-lists to complete, school papers and built-in study time. There are moments when I meet myself coming and going. Jeff and I have learned to laugh at each other because our schedules are so varied. I gave up trying to track him on a refrigerator calendar. It’s impossible! Jeff keeps his dates electronically, carrying them in his cell phone. I prefer to use a notebook calendar and print tasks from my computer calendar. Even with automated technology at our fingertips, it does not always keep us from running late.

When Jesus heard that His friend Lazarus was sick, He knew what the Father would do. Yet, Jesus hesitated to go. Why do you think He waited? There are times when I wonder why Jesus waits when I’m right in the middle of a crisis. There are moments when life is hard. We cry out to the Lord for help, and then we wonder where He is. I’m certain that Mary and Martha were wondering why Jesus didn’t come right away to help their brother who was dying.

Can I tell you something? Jesus Christ is NEVER LATE. In fact, Christ knew what was happening with Lazarus before He received word of his illness. Jesus already knew what his friend would endure and how the Father would reach out with miraculous healing. It may have appeared to everyone else that Jesus was running late, but let me tell you, my Lord is always on time. I serve the Lord of the last second! He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end. He goes on before me. Jesus holds my life in His hand. He created the time, and knows every moment full-well. I believe my Lord is always here, especially in the moments when I cannot see Him clearly with physical eyes.

If you longing for the Savior’s touch today, don’t you worry about when He will arrive. Jesus is already there with you, right where you are struggling, right now. He has perfect timing.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: