Sunday, March 23, 2008

Seeing is believing!


Today’s Reading: John 20:8 (NIV)

8 Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed.

Good morning!

Sometimes we just have to see it to believe it. When I left for sunrise service this morning, I opened the garage door and noticed a white haze floating across the dark sky. It was obviously raining outside. The driveway was soaked, yet something about the wet weather seemed strange. Pulling out of the garage, I began to notice the big white snowflakes falling gently down, melting across my windshield. I realized I was seeing an Easter morning snow! I haven't seen it snow on Easter for years, not since I was a child. If I had not seen it with my own eyes today, I might not have believed it. Easter snow reminds me of Christ's great love for all the world. He died to cleanse me from my sin; He rose so I might live with Him forever and ever. I am washed in His blood. I can stand in Christ's righteousness alone. He covers me in His grace today. Seeing is believing!

Don't you wonder who the other disciple was that ran with Simon Peter that day to the empty tomb? Many believe "the other disciple" was John, the one who stayed with Jesus at the foot of cross; the one who held Mary's hand as she watched her son die; the one who penned this Gospel account. He was the first to arrive at the tomb, yet he hesitated. Something stopped John in his tracks. What kept him from entering the garden tomb first?

Following Peter inside, John saw the grave clothes folded neatly at the place where Jesus' body had been. He had not yet seen the risen Christ with his physical eyes, but something inside his heart confirmed what he already knew. John saw and believed!

Come and take a peek inside the empty tomb today! See how God's grace flows down to cover your sin. Christ is risen! Come see and believe!

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

___________________________

© Copyright 2008, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.

No comments: