Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas greeting cards

Daily Reading: I John 3, 4, 5; Proverbs 25

I John 4:7-9 (NIV)

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him.

Good morning!

I enjoy receiving Christmas greeting cards during Advent. The message of hope fills up our mail boxes and chatters across e-mail internet space. If we listen carefully, we can hear that message broadcast over the loud speakers at our local shopping malls.

For some, sending a greeting of hope is an annual constitution. People lead busy lives. We have a hard time catching up to family and friends; we get so busy living out our days that when Christmas time rolls around, we long to make contact again with the ones we love. When I send out Christmas greeting cards or e-mail greetings, I am reminded of the love I feel for the precious ones in my life. I want to tell them how much they mean to me.

The Lord sends His Christmas message of love to us today through the power of His Word. Whenever I open my Bible to read, it is as if God has written a love letter and sent it especially for me. He is writing to you today, through the words of John. I memorized the Scripture passage, I John 4:7-8 in youth group when we would sing Scripture songs together. I had to sing this one out loud just to write it down. Can you name this tune?

Beloved, let us love one another.

For love is of God, and everyone that loveth

Is born of God and knoweth God.

He that loveth not, loveth not God, for God is love.

Beloved, let us love one another…I John 4:7-8.

This is the holy greeting that God has sent for each and every one of us this Christmas: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 We have an opportunity to share the love of Christ with our family, friends, and even the strangers who cross our path today. This is the moment when we can share the gift of new life with the world. I would encourage you this morning, to take the message of salvation through Jesus Christ and spread it around, as we share the greatest gift ever given. Tell everyone you know, in any way possible, that Jesus Christ came into this world to redeem us from sin, and bring us into right relationship with our heavenly Father, who loves us so. KJV)

Merry Christmas! May you find the message of hope in His Word today.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: the people you send Christmas greeting cards to. Pray for those who send you Christmas greetings! Jeff and I save our Christmas cards each year and keep them out in a prominent location. We draw a card from the stack and pray specifically for that family all year long. This is a wonderful way to share the Good News around the world.

___________________________

© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.