Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Someone prayed!

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: Zechariah 1, 2, 3; Psalm 123

Psalm 123:1 (NIV)

1 I lift up my eyes to you, to you whose throne is in heaven.

Zechariah 2:13 (NIV)

13 Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because He has roused Himself from His holy dwelling.

Good morning!

I know someone was praying fervently for me at 2:00pm yesterday afternoon. Have you ever experienced a holy moment and you knew without a doubt that someone was praying specifically for you? I may never know who took the time to intercede on my behalf, and yet, the presence and power of the Holy Spirit fell upon me as I sat at my desk, coding bills and entering the dollar amounts into a computer database.

God speaks to us each day. He touches our lives when we least expect Him to. I wasn’t sitting in church, or reading my Bible. My mind was focused on the work I was doing. I always know when the presence of the Lord is near. His love wraps around me like a warm woolen blanket on a chilly fall evening. I could sense His light around me, and that made my heart beat just a little bit faster. Sitting in His Holy presence always brings such peace and joy to my heart. Isn’t it good to know that He watches over us no matter where we are or what we are doing? He is with us – we are never alone.

We can be still before the Lord at work, in our cars, in the 15 minute wait of a “fast” food drive-through lane, and even at home, while we are washing dishes, doing laundry, or getting ready for work. We lift our eyes up toward the heaven and immediately are ushered into His holy dwelling. Believers have an audience with the Almighty twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. And it all begins with a whispered prayer, “Dear Lord.”

Prayer warriors are people who intercede for the needs of others. They touch lives each day. We may feel helpless at times, not knowing how to extend help to a brother or sister in need. And yet, through the gift of intercessory prayer, we can share their burdens with the Lord by lifting each person by name, knowing He hears and answers our pleas for help.

Take a moment today and offer a prayer to the Lord for the people in your life. Lift up your eyes toward the heavens today. He sees you; He hears you; He knows your name. May God bless you with the touch of His Holy Spirit, as you find a quiet moment in His presence today.

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO

www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: someone you love. You may not know how to help them, but God knows. He hears and answers every prayer uttered, and those whom you have lifted will know they’ve received the gift of peace from the Lord.

____________________________

© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.