Monday, January 22, 2007

The prayer of faith

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: Genesis 46, 47, 48

James 5:13-16 (NIV)

13 Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

16 Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Good morning!

I could not help myself this morning. I just had to get up and praise my Lord. Do you ever just feel simply overwhelmed by His love for your life? When I think about what the Father did through the saving work of His son Jesus Christ for you and for me, I’m amazed. Sometimes I think I have some understanding of just how great His sacrifice is, but then I realize I’m only scratching the surface. As long as I have breath, I will praise Him for His grace, mercy and the precious gift of His blood.

I’ve been preparing my heart for a deeper call in faith. One of the praise songs we sing at church speaks about longing for His holiness, faithfulness and righteousness. As I deep-clean the home of my heart every morning and invite the Lord in to live and work within me, I find myself drawn to these refining elements. Jesus in me is all I live for – He is everything I need.

I’ve been praying for healing. Healing is so much more than a physical touch. It is more than witnessing the strange and sudden disappearance of a physical or emotional illness. It is bigger than the most painful memory you find tucked away deep inside your soul. Healing is what happens when holiness, faithfulness and righteousness take hold of your heart. It wipes away the impurities of our human condition and imperfection. Healing is forever. It changes your life. It changes your eternal destination.

James, the brother of Jesus, wrote that a prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well and the Lord will raise him up. A prayer of faith is a powerful thing and is uttered through the voice of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit within me takes my heart to a new realm of worship and praise. I stand before His throne with holy boldness, covered in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. The fire of the Spirit purifies my soul and I know beyond all doubt that I stand healed and free!

It is with this attitude of gratitude that I fall at the foot of the cross today. Are you ever overwhelmed with His love for you? Is your heart prepared for the Lord’s arrival today? Has His holiness, faithfulness and righteousness changed you forever? Pray, sing and offer your petitions in faith. Confess your sin and do a little deep cleaning this morning. Jesus Christ, the risen Son of God, is waiting to move in. Are you ready for His arrival?

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: healing. A prayer offered in faith is powerful and effective. Jesus Christ can give you His holiness, His faithfulness and His righteousness, if you truly long for it. Do you long to be healed?

____________________________

© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.