Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The power of His presence

Grand Sweep Daily Reading: Exodus 19, 20; Psalms 31, 32

Exodus 19:4-5 (NIV)

4 You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now, IF you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

I Samuel 17: 45, 47 (NIV)

45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and He will give all of you into our hands.”

Psalm 31:1 (NIV)

1 In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.

Good morning!

There is a place I run to every morning; it is a place of refuge, where I cry out to the Father and wait for Him to speak. I kneel before His awesome and holy presence, clothed in the righteousness of Christ alone. The Father hears my every prayer and answers. He is faithful to forgive and heal. If I am willing to obey Him completely and keep His covenant, my heart is transformed into His treasured possession. His presence is all I long for and everything I need.

God told Moses to have the people prepare. On the third day, God would descend upon the mountain in a dense cloud. The people would see the thunder and lightening; a ball of flame descend, and they would hear the sound of the trumpet. The mountain would quake and His presence would simply transform them. When the Lord meets you in the morning, does your heart tremble with fear and joy? Do you hear the trumpet revelry? Can you see the presence of God descending upon your life in the tongues of flame and smoke?

Young David had no fear of the mighty Goliath. He was just a boy who put his total trust in the Lord God Almighty. He believed the Word and knew that the battle against evil would not be fought with sword or spear. This battle was the Lord’s and it was His battle cry that would win the day.

There is a battle cry this morning and it can be heard resonating throughout the prayer closets of the world. Faithful followers are on their knees, begging God to forgive and heal their land. People are praising the Lord, experiencing His presence in miraculous ways. They are giving the battle against evil over to the Lord, for this war is His and His alone. The victory will not occur through our own steam; we place our total trust in the Lord, knowing He will win the battle for us. We pray for peace, for salvation of the lost, and for the nations. The power and the glory and the battle belong to the Father. Do you possess the power that comes from being in His presence?

Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

www.songofdeborah.com

Pray for: holy intervention! This battle belongs to the Lord. Are you willing to wait in His presence? Will you pray for help, for forgiveness, and for the souls of the unsaved? The trumpet is sounding. Can you hear it?

____________________________

© Copyright 2007, Deb Spaulding

All rights reserved

Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.