Saturday, November 18, 2006

Family Time

Hebrews 10:25 (NIV)
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Good morning!

I love it when our grandchildren come to visit. When I know my grandchildren are coming, I try to stop the clock, drop whatever I’m doing, and give them my complete and undivided attention. As parents, we try to balance the responsibilities of home, work, school and outside activities with raising children. We lead such busy lives. Sometimes when our children beg for thirty minutes of play time, it is easier to say something like, “Maybe later dear, I need to do this first.” How often did I say that to my own children? I regret those lost moments, when I could have stopped the clock to play. Do you feel regret over time you may have lost with the ones you love?

I cannot wait for our grandchildren to come over and play. If there is any way I can postpone or curtail other activities, I do it, just so I can spend time with them. We will chase each other around the great room, play hide and seek, build tents with blankets and sheets, color Spiderman and Princesses, play dress up in crazy costumes, drink hot chocolate, eat lots of popcorn, and make a colossal mess. It’s all good. Eventually we will get to the clean up, but until then, spending time with those beautiful babies becomes more valuable and precious to me everyday. I absolutely treasure the time we spend together.

Setting aside time to be with family is important. We share life - our laughter, tears, and our love. A family bond can be supportive and encouraging as we share the story of our lives together.

When we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, He becomes the story of our life. He brought us into a forever relationship with our heavenly Father and He is our family. As His children, we are now an important part of the family of God. It is important that we make time to spend in corporate worship, service, and sharing life with each other. It is time well spent – being together with the family of God.


Won’t you make time today to be an active part of the family of God? Go to church this Sunday and enjoy the company of your Christian brothers and sisters. Set aside the things that keep you busy and preoccupied, and give your time to your family who loves you, needs you, and wants you to be there with them. The Apostle Paul reminds us to not give up on meeting with each other, because that becomes a bad habit. We need to be together for encouragement, support, and fellowship.

If you do not have a church home, I invite you to come and worship Christ with me! I would love to introduce you to my kin at Faith Church. See you Sunday!


Grace and peace,

Deb Spaulding

Pray for: the desire to be in relationship with the family of God. You are an important part of His body, and without you, we are not complete. Won’t you come home to church this weekend?

© Copyright 2006, Deb Spaulding
All rights reserved. Articles may not be printed in any “for profit” publication without further permission by the author. Articles may be freely distributed via e-mail, reprinted in church bulletins or in other non-profit publications without further permission. Please keep this copyright and Web Site information intact with copied articles. Articles are sent originally to subscribers only. You may have received a forwarded or reprinted copy.